Saturday 18 April 2015

Barber's Rule?

Today I went for a haircut in a barber's shop at Kenyalang Park, Kuching, which is not very known to lots of people but is financially friendly.

When I went into the shop, I sat on the chair, and the young lady approached me. She looked new and nervous, probably because she is indeed new, and then I told her I want my hair pendek (short), but not botak (bald).

She seemed to understand but then her facial expression didn't convince me. So when she took out the machine (sorry I don't know what it's called) and asked the senior barber whether she should give number 2, I freaked out and interrupted her, insisting again I wish only to have short hair but not bald (number 2 is almost bald).

The senior barber said it was for side cut. And so I let up and let her did her job.

Then the senior barber took over.

She cut my hair, and then asked me to look into the mirror and asked whether it was right. I said yes.

And then she said something: “要记得这个是二号头har。剪头发要剪短旁边就要剪二号头。”.

I spoke to protest, intending to tell her I was only confirming that the newbie knew what I told her,

but then she kept on talking and with much more annoying tone showing her exasperation: "旁边就是要剪二号头,这样我们才能帮你剪短头发。如果不剪二号头,等下剪完了你再说不够短,我们又必须重新替你剪过。" And she went on and on with her lecture

When I heard that, I kept silent in response to show that I am annoyed. And I made sure the face of dissatisfaction was brightly displayed on my face.

First of all
1) As a customer, I have a right to confirm with the barber what kind of hair cut I want.

2) You as the service provider don't get to lecture your customer about what they inquire for.

3) If the customer deems your service is insufficient, it is your duty to perform till the customer is satisfied. That being said, if I deem that my hair is not short enough, it is your duty to make sure I get the hair cut I desire.

4) You're the service provider and you show me your annoyance and tell me I shouldn't tell you how to do a job, even though it's my hair you're cutting, because "you do not wanna repeat the procedure again"?

I have gone to the barber's for 21 years and this is the first time I met a barber who told me I couldn't tell them how I want my hair cut.

Seriously, what sh*t is this? For one thing I am sure, I am not returning to this shop.


2 comments:

  1. This kind of barber should be really kicked out from the shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya. First time in my life I come across this kind of barber!

      Delete