Thursday 23 May 2013

STPM Baharu, Term 2, Day 3

There's only one paper for today: Chemistry. It is also the last paper I'll sit for for this term. Since we study mainly inorganic chemistry this term (with 2 chapters of physical chemistry), I know the questions will be tough, and I know it'll be difficult to answer the questions. But I didn't expect it to be this hard! Today's paper is basically a nightmare. Objective questions weren't tough, but you need to do lots of thinking. Subjective questions are okay, except that my school invigilators do not provide us data booklet and I am a bit afraid of the standard electrode potential question.

Essay is the worst. There are only three essay questions and we are supposed to choose to answer only 2, but none of them is easy. The first one concerns bomb calorimeter and many of my friends did a mistake by using the formula q = mcT instead of q = cT. Anyway I did it correctly but I couldn't sure about the second part of that question. The second essay question regarding the acid-base properties of Group 14 oxides was fine, but the one about extracting tin was really baffling. The last question was downright weird. When I first saw the question, I knew immediately I wouldn't be able to answer it, so I completely ignore that question.

Chemistry Paper 2 is so far the most difficult paper for STPM 2013. But PA Kertas 2 wasn't any easy either so.....we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. the exercises and practices in the references books mean nothing... the questions asked in references book are too easy...but the exam is absolutely tough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only for chemistry. Reference books tougher for Physics and Maths. Lol

      But anyway, let's move on. After all, STPM is full of mysteries and surprises and one should stop wondering to be happy. Haha. =)

      Delete
  2. Our school also don't provide data booklet. :C

    ReplyDelete