Friday 21 December 2012

Holiday

How have you spent your holiday? It's interesting how simple yet difficult this question is. You have spent a holiday doing something, which means you already have the experience required to answer such a question. Yet when you're inquired how have you used it, you got stumped, you will be lost for words and usually you'll brush it off or nonchalantly give a mundane response.

It's true. You have gone through a month doing lots of activities - whatever activities they are - and yet sometimes you can't find one valuable enough to be recorded. Most people would say they spend most of time sitting at home, idle, watching television dramas, soap operas or playing computer games - typical of teenagers right now - or going online to chat with friends, trying to dig out whatever that is worth giving attention to, et cetera. 

Some people will say they participated in many activities. Camps, for example. Some of them got so active they joined a camp and be crazy for a few days. The chummed up a few friends, exchanged knowledge and interests with some random boys and girls, probably fell in love after detecting overlapping interest, got so spent they went home and slept like a pig for a few days undisturbed until their parents thought they dropped dead and crossed over to the other realm, or suffered severe sunburn their skin peeled off.

Some find a part time job, trying to earn money to support themselves. Sometimes, you'll realise a meagre amount of money, though unable to allow you to live entirely autonomously, could be very satisfying. Some will try to fulfil their dreams, go after dreams they thought they'll never realise, and venture into places they could never possibly imagine.

What have I done? Basically, nothing. I've been sitting idly at home trying to figure out what to do on the next day, and this is probably a routine I never fail to break since the holiday kicks off. Occasionally I would go play badminton. I'm never very good at it but I am trying hard to improve it. Sometimes my father will bring me for a day trip to various places, and for once in my life I've got the opportunities to travel to someplace where I thought my father would never ever possibly bring me. I attended my cousin's wedding in Langkawi. A very luxurious and thankfully lovely wedding and a nice buffet. The buffet sent me under the weather though, causing me to go through the same torture I sweared on God I never wanted to be hit again. (Yes, I've had it before)

Anyway, this holiday is one of the best I've ever had. It might not be very colourful or fruitful, but it certainly ain't the most dull one. I hope you guys have a great holiday, because once our study life is over, such a holiday is deemed to be extremely precious, very hard to come by, and definitely a chance you'll never ever want to let it slip. Enjoy your last two weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment