Friday 29 June 2012

Resuming Something I Stopped

The company I worked for before I started form 6 went to my school. They had a two days sales there. I felt compelled to go there. Three months of bonding with them - within that three months friendship had been brewed, and somehow we become friends with a large age gap, but it didn't deter us from becoming elated when we bumped into each other.

I first met him on Tuesday, and realised that they had hired a part time worker who he slated as extremely pathetic, poor, retarded (I know - it's harsh), and totally unreliable. He went berserk every time he mentioned about him. I kept my mouth shut and said nothing while listening to everything he said. But seriously - from what he said, the worker is indeed a very poor person.

Then later on, I met my boss' wife, she was there for only a moment, and then left quickly before the school dismissed. Since I had activities in the afternoon, I did not accompany him for long.

On the second day afternoon, I stayed back to accompany him. I kinda miss the job actually. The nostalgia is so profound I instinctively did a lot of things I shouldn't do. Perhaps I had got used to it - 3 months of routine, you can hardly shake off a routine you pick up over three months, especially if you do it so often.

Later on, I helped them to pack everything back to the boxes and send the goods to the shop. I finally met my boss, who initially was shocked to see me but later on greeted me.

I liked doing the job - folding the clothes again, keeping the books in the boxes, carrying them over a distance, transferring them to a car/lorry, collecting money et cetera. Nostalgia.

Boss wanted to give me money for my help. I turned it down, and parted with him. So sad - thought we could have a better parting.

Sometimes, you only learn to appreciate things when you lose it. It's true. It's undeniable. It's indisputable.

No comments:

Post a Comment