Monday 5 March 2012

Third Stop


Third Stop was a school that had a reputation. Not a notorious one, but simply famous because it was a preferred choice of school for Chinese in that region which ultimately causes the race distribution of the school to be severely lopsided.

I was trying to acclimatise to the area. I went to a totally different location previous day, and the previous location left me a painful memory I wouldn't be able to shake off however hard I tried.

Third stop was average. The first time I worked there was the second day of the fair, and therefore a large crowd of people, after filling their wallets with enough money to buy their targeted books, swam into the hall and began to crowd certain sections and grab whatever they wanted and then they went on to the counter and paid for the books they swooned over so much I sometimes wondered why they loved the books that did not even look interesting in my eyes.

After the nemesis in SMK, this school was actually quite relaxing. The situation was under control, and at least not many people were attempting to swipe our produce. But I admitted I wanted to hightail it as being the check point was really a tedious job. And forsooth nobody wanted it.

And there was a group of students of the schools who joined us for almost the entire day. Yes, they played truant, and morally we should have reported the incident. But who cares? They were our clowns - entertainments, source of help and merriment. You could hardly resist these temptations.

The food in this school was also tasty, but the choices were quite limited. The price was extremely low, and thank God or else I would have to fork out a huge sum of money to pay for my lunch.

Nothing particularly interesting transpired these two days, but I'm still looking forward to any other book fairs.




No comments:

Post a Comment