Wednesday 4 January 2012

What I've Been Doing.....

Post SPM life is really boring, and with strict schedule and family time table I am not able to find a part-time job for now, much to my chagrin. So what can I do? Kill some time doing some random things while I painfully watch and feel the time crawls screamingly slowly until I am given an opportunity to find a part-time job.

So, what have I been doing?


1) Reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I have to admit, I never grew a liking, or even developed an interest to this books. Why? Because it is translated. Translation sometimes inadvertently remove some sense of humour or some elements in the original language, rendering the translated version a bit dull. But I have no choice. Since it's selling like hot cakes and its reception overwhelming, I bought the book and began to read. Surprisingly, it's quite nice, albeit the characters' names are disconcerting and painful to remember. Even the places are hard to recall, probably because they are in a language not native to me. So far, the book is captivating, the mystery is pretty dark and the characters are fascinating.



2) Watching Merlin. I just had the chance to watch an episode on TV3 and began to like it. I have no knowledge on the Arthurian legend, sadly, but I still love the series. Merlin and Arthur are brothers that do not admit their friendship but yet manage to convey their love to each other in a unique way I enjoy a lot. It's sad to see Morgana has turned evil, she could have been a great character without the devil in her. For now, I'm waiting to watch how Arthur is going to react when he discovers that Merlin is a sorcerer and how is it to realise that your best friend has been hiding a big secret for so long and is constantly saving your lives. I shall wait in anticipation. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment