Thursday 17 November 2011

SPM, Week 1

Since this is a pretty big examination, I can't take the chance to update my blog everyday, but I'll do it weekly, for I do not want my blog to 'die'.

14-11-2011: Day 1
There's no need to ask what paper is for the first day. It has got to be what's most important: BM, our national language. Since I have not attended any Malay tuition and my Malay language is always barely on the par with my friends, I am feeling a bit nervous for I am afraid I can't score an A. I'm not asking for an A+, to me, an A- isn't bad either and A- sounds fine for me.

Anyway the paper is fine. The real frustrations are the karangan berpandu was actually the question for my school's trial last year, and the word cepumas really has me discombobulated. I was glad I didn't buy any tips out there, because none of them spot-on and I save myself a lot of troubles.

15-11-2011: Day 2
English. If I don't get an A for this subject, please find me in any rivers or sea in the vicinity of Bukit Mertajam. Paper 1 is relatively easy, I don't have to mention how easy is it. Paper 2 is fine, although I find it a bit weird. Now I am actually hoping to get 2A or 1A for GCE-O. I'm greedy, right?



16-11-2011: Day 3
Sejarah. A typical student's nightmare. What can I say? Sejarah is all about Islam for form 4 and biased facts in form 5. You practically have to force yourself to compress them in your tiny brain to get an A for your SPM, which means you have to reluctantly, or if you prefer, torturingly, memorise all the biased and Islamic facts. 

After all those pains we have gone through for the past 2 years, and you expect we'll be able to do well in SPM right? Well, we did quite well, with one shocking exception: It's not because we memorised a lot of facts, but it's because the paper isn't exactly a SEJARAH paper!! It's more like a sivik paper. "Adakah bandar yang anda tinggal dibina secara terancang?" "Apakah nama lagu kebangsaan kita?" "Apakah yang anda buat apabila lagu kebangsaan dinyanyikan?" "Apakah perasaan anda apabila mendengar lagu kebangsaan kita berkumandang, berikan dua alasan". 

WTF I have wasted 2 years to study sejarah and wasted all my energy to memorise all those Islamic facts, and they come out with all KBKK questions????? Unbelievable.

17-11-2011: Day 4
Modern Mathematics. Nothing much to say. The paper is easy and I believe I can score an A+, or at least an A, should I make mistakes enough to drop my grade.







No comments:

Post a Comment