Sunday 18 December 2022

Avatar 2

 I wasn't really looking forward to it. For one, I can't really recall what happened in Avatar, so it must mean however subtly that it was not of significant interest for me. Second, too much CGIs. Third, it's freaking 3 hours long.

But my friend wanted to watch it, and I'm the kind of person who, when kickstarted something, has the compulsion to end it unless it is unbearably painful to do so (Thanks, Lost).

So we watched it on a Saturday afternoon. I watched it with a friend, and the ticket cost 2 dollars more than usual for reasons I do not know.

But long story short.

The beginning is draggy and soporific, the second half though was stunningly mesmerising and absolutely mindblowing. 

The underwater scenes make Talokan in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever looks amateurish.

The action scenes surpass almost all Marvel movies I've watched (although Gamora is on it).

The movies contain many emotions: anger, grief, cheer, hope, disappointment etc.

Without releasing too much spoilers, I would say I shed a few tears near the end. It was tragic, absolutely tragic.

Is the movie worth the money? Absolutely.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely.

Would I be eager to watch the third? I would place my money for a booking if it's allowed.

Overall, second-best film of 2022. I'm sorry, top spot is still Top Gun: Maverick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment