Sunday 28 August 2022

Ok. So This Is It

Okay, I'm pushing 30, and the incessant question of 'why are you single?' is getting much more relentless.

The truth is, I belong to the rare group of people called aromantic. (link attached) Essentially, it means I'm a kind of person who does not, or has a very poor ability to, develop romantic feelings. 

I can care for every living thing, but I'm just the kind of person that does not develop romantic feelings towards others.

I can be obsessed with things, but being obsessed is not quite the same as romantic I guess. I would like to learn about that particular thing to the extent of what interests me - I'm not interested in prodding further.

Then, I'm simply not keen to have another person in my life. I'm sometimes bored being alone but I don't feel insecure or incomplete

I just never experienced that. I wanted to experience romance too, you know, since my youth is almost gone, but I simply lack the capability to do so.

And it's not entirely a bad thing. Unlike many people, I'm not complaining I want a girlfriend but can't get one. I'm not complaining.

There are many things in my life that I want to have but can't have, and I accept this as part of it and I've settled with it.

Just like, I want to be rich but it's simply not a realistic dream. It's the same attitude I hold towards a partner.

So, there, that's why I'm single.

No comments:

Post a Comment