Sunday 28 August 2022

Just Beyond

I chanced upon this on Disney+, so I gave it a try.

This is an anthological series consisting of 8 episodes. It's categorised as a paranormal series, but in actuality, it's more of a teenage supernatural series. It's nothing very scary, and is more suited for kids than young adults, to be honest.

It's based on a few comic/children books, adapted to a short series.

It's pretty fun, and like most shows geared for kids, it's partially educational. Every episodes explores an incident which aims to serve as a lesson for the viewers.

I particularly like the first and the last episode. The last episode was a particularly strong stand-out. The first made a very nice introduction of the series, but unfortunately, it's followed by a few subpar episodes, but they are still alright. I just prefer the first and the last.

Since each episodes is about only 20 minutes long, it's a mildly entertaining show you can choose to watch during your lunch break. I kinda like the show, and if there's a second season, I'll give it a try too.

No comments:

Post a Comment