Sunday 14 November 2021

Stranger Things

 Holy shit how did I not know about this series?

Dude, this is among the best show out there, ever! 

I've just finished You, and was looking for another show to watch. Well, not knowing what to watch, I stumbled upon Stranger Things and decided to give it a try, because the summary sounds good - supernatural teenage-horror, sounds like the kind I enjoy.

And OMG it blew my mind. I cannot remember when was the last time I finished a series in this short period of time.

The storyline is fascinating. A boy went missing, the community was shaken. There was shock, horror, confusion. Will's mother went insane thinking her son is trying to communicate with her via phones and lights. His brother initially thought his mother went insane, until Nancy, Mike's sister, also saw a similar terrifying creature and Jonathan drew the dots. Will's friends refused to accept he died and tried to search for him. They came across an enigmatic girl, Eleven, with seemingly supernatural powers, and Mike grew a liking to her. Well, story is about like that. 

The show is set in 1970s in a rural town in America. It's a science fiction about inter-dimension travel and failed experiments that somehow allowed subjects to gain supernatural powers that unwittingly invited an unwelcome creature that cause disruptions to their world. 

I finished eight episodes in three days. I know it's not an impressive record for most people, but for me this is quite an impressive one. The show is awesome. I cannot really express how good it is.

What particularly amazes me is the kids' performances. The main characters are all kids - either young children or teenagers, and yet all of them gave solid, professional performance that powerfully made this show amongst the best out there. It's incredible that these kids could act so marvellously.

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend this show! I can't believe I jump into the bandwagon 5 years late!

No comments:

Post a Comment