Wednesday 18 May 2016

Some facts about me

I hate materialism. I look down upon materialism.

Some people at my age may stare at beautiful girls who are donned in branded clothes and holding expensive handbags, but to me, if a girl of my age is dressed in such fashion then I am worried about her financial discipline. If one splashes money in such fashion before they achieve financial independence then I worry much more about how she would spend her money after she begins working.

I don't really like gift giving. On birthdays, okay. Birthday is the celebration of one's birth and to give them something meaningful to them is acceptable. However, giving a gift by using price as a measurement is a big no for me. It has to be meaningful, instead of pricey. If a RM10 gift could touch his/her heart then that's what I'll give, even if others are offering something much more expensive.

The true meaning of gift lies in its value, not price.

In any other occasions, gift giving is really not required. I don't know why some people view gift giving as an important gesture. To me, if one is to show they care, just be present. Materialistic objects offer flinting happiness and that fades fast.

I hate materialism. I don't talk about cars, or properties, or branded clothes or shoes or whatnot.

I enjoy a simple life with no desire for brands. I firmly believe that's how one's life should be, especially for those of my age, who still rely on parents to get by financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment