Thursday 27 March 2014

March

It's now March, the fourth month since I'd completed my STPM.

Right now I am quite troubled by where I should go. While I do feel a bit excited to go overseas, I am somewhat lazy to go through the necessary procedures to realise my dream. This ultimately makes me realise I never want to go overseas as much as I've dreamt of, because if I do really want to go overseas I wouldn't bother the troubling procedures.

So, obviously overseas ain't my choice now as I am lazy to apply, and I really ain't that excited to go. Apparently my excitement to go overseas can't be compensated by eradicating my laziness. So, just stay at home.

Where should I go?

Local universities, obviously.

But what course?

Maths is my forte, and my strongest subject so far. Engineering sounds good, and is now my top choice.

But I am quite reluctant to give up English. Learning English is my passion, and I can study English when there's no exams, and this is not the case for Maths.

But then what can an English major do? And even if I study English, my English would never be on par with those who speak it as a first language. Like the Americans, British, or even Singaporeans, for I do not have the environment and culture to learn the language.

Troubling.


4 comments:

  1. What course? By now you should have applied for uni via UPU, am I right? Actually, even if you are not doing English, you will not have to give up English. I can relate to you. Even my friends view me as a freak when I show enthusiasm in English, I continue to learn it. In their opinion, they do not have to master English as they do not want to go overseas. About studying overseas thingy, haha high five! I have always told my friends and family how much I want to study overseas but deep down I am not that enthusiastic. Same as you, I do not know what I am going to do after STPM this year. Sigh, I am struggling between reality and dream, when I actually do not know where my passion lies. Anyway, I wish you all the best!
    Oops, I am long-winded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have decided to go for Engineering, but at the same time I'll continue to study English on my own. Haha all the best for you too!!

      Delete