Monday 10 September 2012

Stigmatisation

Many people are stigmatised. Minorities in a group are always stigmatised. There's no denying that anything that stood out like a sore thumb in a sea of stuffs would catch your attention and, if found to be out of ordinary, treated differently. Anything odd, especially human, is stigmatised. The only difference is to what extent.

This might sound crazy, but the issues of LGBT has just caught my attention (mind you, I'm not saying I'm homo). It has been hotly debated in US and just recently, Singapore, and it's pretty hard to turn a deaf ear towards a debate like this. 

It's a sensitive issue here in my country, but like everybody else in every countries, I just hope these gays can be treated fairly. Some are homo because of hormones that they have no control over. It's biology, not psychology. Ya, I admit, some are psychology, although I don't know how, but majority sounds like biologically triggered - correct me if I'm wrong though, I've not done enough research of LGBT. 

I'm not proposing any countries in the world to legalise same sex marriage or anything concerning the priviliges of the gays, I'm just hoping every persons in the world - no matter gay, straight, bi, lesbian, retarded, deformed, mentally unsound, paralysed, mute, blind or whatnot - can be treated fairly. Stigmatisation should be eradicated. Unless they are pestilential or bestial, shunning them from our lives simply isn't fair to them. Physical or biological handicap should not distinguish a person from another.

But you may argue - life isn't fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment