Friday 9 December 2011

SPM, Week 4

7 December 2011, Wednesday

With a week of holiday and the last paper Chinese, none of the students really have any moods to study. Conveniently, there's nothing much to study about Chinese except the annoying mingju with its syllabus that encompasses removed classes to form 5, a total of 230 mingju and frustratingly only 3 will be tested.

Never mind.


I'm weak at Chinese, despite the fact that I'm a Chinese. The main problem is the paper is too hard. It's more like a literature paper than Bahasa Cina. The other reason would be I focus less on Chinese. I don't like studying classical Chinese. It's boring and sometimes it requires us to have substantial amount of knowledge about China history.

Well, today is my nightmare.

The first paper would be Chinese paper 2: the paper that cause most of us flunk the entire subject. Luckily, lembaga peperiksaan shows some mercy this year (probably because this is the first year that the new format is being used) and the paper is very much easier if compared to others. The summary is easier, at least the points aren't scattered around like that of negeri sembilan trial paper. The comprehension is quite easy, although there are some questions that challenge your mind and understanding of the passage.

Classical is okay. I can roughly understand what the entire passage is about, but I don't think I translate them correctly. Good thing about this year is there's no questions on translation. I always fail that part. The classical poem is quite hard for me, I can get the overall message but I can't get the specific.

And the last part: mingju. I'm glad I never bothered to memorise all the 出处、作者 and 朝代, because none is being tested this year. I'm saved a lot of time studying it compared to my friends. :)

Paper 1 is fine. Nothing much to complain, albeit I can't guarantee I can score.

I know I'm not good in Chinese, so all I am hoping for is an A-. I hope I can get it, but if the final result is B+ or B, I wouldn't be floored.





No comments:

Post a Comment