Sunday 31 January 2021

Nature Walk - Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park

Living in a city-state with a very dense population spurred me away from locations where people tend to congregate. I therefore often try my best (not always successful) to avoid crowded places, especially since in the current pandemic it's highly advisable to do so.

Yesterday, I went to make new specs in J8, since I got my bonus. I wanted to, well, treat myself a bit better, especially since my current specs is 5-year-old and it's about time to upgrade anyway. Luckily, my eyesight was fine. It didn't deteriorate further, although with my busy work and constant looking at screens whole day long, I definitely thought it had regressed.

After that I went to Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park. I often go there, but it's always at night when I jog. So I chose to go during the day so that I can soak my legs in the water.


Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park is a naturalised park. That being said, it was a concrete canal that was demolished to artificially recreate a biotic system. It is marvellously beautiful, wildlife does thrive well. Plants there are awesome. Fish and tortoise can be seen in the pristine water which looks clean enough to drink (but it is untreated, so don't). The picture above was taken on a bridge that led to a 24-hour McDonald's in the park.


Look at the turtle and the fish. See how clean the water is? It's beautiful! 


There are stones where people can walk on to cross the river. It's not slippery, and it appeared to be designed such that water is diverted besides it instead of over it. So it's always safe to use that. Plus, I'm a Malaysian. I'm used to unprotected, natural pathways that are very much sneakier to traverse.


The picture above was taken on the river.

I like Bishan-Ang Mo Kio park. I love the waterway. Not the park itself - okay I like to jog there, but there's nothing interesting about the park except the river. A naturalised river.




No comments:

Post a Comment