Saturday 23 May 2020

Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande - Rain On Me


As usual, Lady Gaga's songs don't connect when you first hear it.

It was released on Spotify Friday morning, and I listened to it immediately when it was available. To be honest I like the song, but I do not like the mechanical deep voice 'Rain on me' by Lady Gaga after the chorus, and the EDM sounds a bit uncharacteristically annoying.

But the music video was released hours later, almost 1am Saturday morning (I just finished my work then), and the song sounded better. Maybe because I was able to see human expressions and the neat dance, but I definitely find it much better now.

I'm not a big fan of Ariana Grande - nothing against her, just never really listen to her songs - but her willingness to follow Gaga's queer styles seem oddly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment