Sunday 19 April 2020

Broadchurch

I usually watch American TV series in preference over movies, because movies sometimes are a bit too long for me to watch in a binge and sometimes the stories repeat itself I got bored of all the melodrama. But there are also times I'm just tired of American dramas and I switch to British/Australian/New Zealand dramas which are often less speckled with personal affections and more focused on its theme. Broadchurch is one of them I watched, and it turned out to be super awesome! Now, British drama is few and far between, and the charm (or maybe downside) of British shows is that they're super short, consisting of only a few episodes in a season (a 'season' in America is called a 'series' in British) so it makes the story short but compact and there are very little fillers.

Broadchurch is about an enigmatic detective whose arrival in a suburban British town coincided with the discovery of a dead boy's body that fractures the society. The trust between the small-town community cracks and consequently there are extra scrutiny and doubts over each other's personal lives as it appears that everybody has something to hide. I've just finished the first season, probably a few years late I believe, and the series is awesome! No melodrama, quite densely packed with enough elements to get you pumped, and coming from a suburban town, I was able to sync a bit with the elements of the town. It's good. If you're looking for a British crime drama, I highly recommend Broadchurch. I enjoyed it much more than I had expected to.

No comments:

Post a Comment