Monday 17 September 2018

Not Doing Great in Singapore


If you want to ask, no, I am currently not okay in Singapore.

My problem is not work-related. But rather living.

Things here are rudely different. For a place that is so densely populated, you would think that living here you would feel less lonely. No. Quite the contrary.

My first month experience has been nothing short of disappointment. People here, they live in their bubbles. A cacoon they never escaped from when they were born. Look around when you are outside, people are constantly on their phones. Even in MRT, in buses, or even in restaurants or malls.

People here co-exist, but they don't co-mingle. There is no exchange of words or interactions of any sorts.

This is really not a place I find enjoyable. It is reducing its people to a less sentient being.

People here are very less friendly. They aren't deliberately nasty but they just lack any semblance of warmth. I miss saying good night and being said good night every time I left the lift or people leave the lift in my sister's apartment in Penang. Here, people just don't give a damn about you.

Speaking of family, my sister just left for UK to study her Master's. My parents are in Penang. While I am in Singapore. I miss all of them.

And I miss my home.

And of course I miss all of you, if you manage to read till here.

No comments:

Post a Comment