Sunday 25 March 2018

First Job Offer

I applied for a job two months ago. For weeks there were no replies and suddenly, one day, the director of the boss called me for a preliminary interview. I was flabbergasted, stunned and momentarily speechless.

First of all, I did not expect them to reply at all. I didn't meet any of the criteria they spelt out.

Secondly, it had been two months and I have given up.

Thirdly, damn, the director's the one that called!

Well, the boss offered me the job but due to varying circumstances, it isn't what I am expecting and he's arranging something else for me. It's not exactly a bad offer, but it's not a safe take.

Interview is in July. I guess I'll decide then. In the meantime, I have applied for another firm, and I'll wait and see if there's any replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment