Friday 4 August 2017

Erica Spindler's 'The First Wife'

This is a good book. I bought this book using BB1M last year but read it only recently. The opening is a bit cliche, but the story picks up pace as it goes along, and the suspense is indeed quite good. I haven't finished a book this fast for quite a long time. Only a few authors can make me this intrigued but this previously-unknown-to-me author made me totally piqued.

Basically, this book is about a lady who marries a man in haste. When she returns to his hometown, a shantytown, she realises there is a rumour that he is suspected to be involved in a number of disappearances and the murder of his first wife. Then things happen and the truth begins to unravel. And a knock to her head when she discovers something instrumental to the case actually allows the book to be longer than it naturally needs to.

The English used in the book is rather simple, so it's good for basic learners. I think I'll be looking for her other books to buy from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment