Monday 29 February 2016

Difference That Stands Out

I'm a unique guy. In good or bad way that would be up to you to judge, but I have a very different personality and I think very differently on matters concerning lives.

I have been exposed to scores of people from different backgrounds. There are a lot more I've yet to meet and yet I have so far fit none of them.

First of all, and I think I mentioned this before, I am a ridiculously un-materialistic guy.

I pay no attention to technology updates or anything pertaining to it. I show zero interest in watches, cars, smartphones, electronic devices, even fashions. I recognise no cars - I don' know how a Honda Civic looks like, honestly. I don't know how to pick a smartphone, so I go for the cheapest one and rely heavily on online reviews to pick my smartphone. I don't have a particular liking for any brands - Padini, Hush Puppies, or whatnot. I buy shirts that look nice and feel comfortable and I don't give a sh*t about what brand is it nor do I care whether that shirt could allow people to hazard a guess on my financial status. I buy shirts based on comfortability and most importantly, price. Any shirts above RM25 is out. Trousers are exceptions. I have only a few trousers so those must be good.

I don't enjoy chasing or indulging in fictional things. I enjoy watching television programmes and theatrical movies but this is because I admire the way the crews behind them brought something fictional to something so convincingly true to the point the audience can relate the emotional feelings displayed in the shows. I don't get obsessed with any characters in a movie, nor do I develop a crush on any actors/actress and begin stalking them and watch all their subsequent movies.

I don't enjoy characters of fictional creation. I enjoy stories that are fictions solely because I enjoy how the writers could beautifully deliver a masterpiece so wonderfully.

These are why I don't fit in in any groups of people.

Besides that, I have paradoxical characters.

I enjoy western programmes and like to have western way of livings, but then I prefer to speak Chinese and live in a Chinese-speaking environment.

I love to read a lot but I am only a partial nerd - I could still join people but I don't talk about things I show no interest in. I can't join complete nerds because they are hard to talk to while I don't really join those who are not nerds because, well, I am a ambivert (someone who is an introvert but also an extrovert.)

One thing growing up in a partially broken family taught me is to be fiercely independent.

I know how to make myself happy and I like doing it. There's nothing that feels better than to fight for what you want and savour the moment you get it.

I have contradictory personalities I have no idea how I fit in this modern world equation.

But one thing I do know: I enjoy being alone, but I also crave a companionship.

4 comments:

  1. I can so relate to most of what you've written! :) psstt..you're not the only one..tehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to most of what you've written! :) psstt..you're not the only one..tehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your mbti personality type? I'm curious. Been reading your blog because of your STPM post, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. What's that? I googled and MBTI seems to be a professionally-assessed test which requires a payment.
      Thanks for reading anyway. This is an old post, and I've actually forgotten about it.

      Delete