Monday 22 December 2014

Back Home

You know, coming back home, I realise I forgot how it feels like to be eating Penang food surrounded by people speaking Penang Hokkien.

I forgot how it feels like to meet up with old friends chat like old friends act like high school student because, to be honest, friends we made at high school are the simplest and thus when we get along we put our serious side away.

I forgot how it feels like to shower in a bathroom without worrying you'll hit the wall when you turn around.

I suddenly feel driving is heavy and driving at night can be very daunting.

I realise I don't have to worry for 3 meals per day at home, and better still at home I don't need to sweat all day because I don't need to walk all day going from one place to another.

I forget how it's like to have a strong wifi to use.

I forgot how it feels like to be burden-free, to not using both hands to wash clothes, to not worry about your stuffs constantly get stolen, to have a refrigerator to use, to have clean water supply that have no suspended particles in it.

Lastly, I forgot how it feels like to feel belonged. To feel truly part of a community because you speak and behave like the community. Home, is still the best place to be. Three and a half month is what it takes for me to realise all these, and for this, the first semester in university is not wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment