Tuesday 6 November 2012

STPM Baharu First Term: Day 2

There are two papers I have to sit today: Physics, and Mathematics T. Nightmarish, you might think? You're right. Physics alone is going to drain your brain, but after that you've to sit for another brain-drilling paper.

First paper of the day was Physics, and the paper was horrible. We are given 1 hour and 30 minutes only to complete 15 objectives, 2 structures, and 2 essays. And as anyone who has a logical mind could have thought, it isn't enough. And it really isn't. I failed to complete the paper in time, leaving one subquestion blank. Objective questions were fine, though a bit challenging. Subjectives were tough. Essays were worse. The moment I saw question 20 about gravitation, I skipped it immediately, and opted for Kinematics and Thermodynamics instead. What frustrated me was that Torque and Kinetic Theory of Gases didn't come out in Section C. I was more prepared for these two. Well, this paper was badly done, and many, like me, failed to complete it in time.

Second paper of the day was Mathematics T, a horrible paper but very much better than Physics and perhaps Pengajian Am. First of all, the questions that came out were, like PA, rather insignificant and weird. The one on A.P and G.P was something new for me and it discombobulated me momentarily. The function graph was simple, although anyone who didn't read the question carefully would have drawn a wrong one. Matrix was ok, but the one that asked about how many solutions were very very insignificant. I thought elementary row operation or Gaussian would be asked, but neither came out. Complex number was fine, although I expected the questions to find the roots of a complex number using De Moivre's Theorem, but still it was ok.

Question 5 was shit. Chords and tangents have been removed from our syllabus and yet it came out in our exam paper. Worst thing is this question allocates 10 marks out of total 60. MPM should have a serious discussion and thread carefully with their next move. Coming out a question in this major exam that's out of our syllabus has already angered many people. Question 6 on Vector was very much simpler than what we have thought. Section B was ok. The one on polynomial was very easy. The one on vector would be tougher. Since we only needed to answer one, I chose polynomial.

Out of 60 marks, because of question 5, I've lost 10 marks, and 2 more for A.P, 2 for vector. There may be more careless mistakes since I did not have enough time to check my answers. I definitely wouldn't get an A for my Maths and Physics, but hopefully I will get at least a B. I guess I'll see about it next year. =)


3 comments:

  1. Maths M is worst... Question 1 asks us to find the inverse of 1/2(e^x - e^(-x)),which is the identity of sinh(x)... Hell what? Hyperbolic function? Art students don't ever study about trigonometric function... Even without related to hyperbolic,no one would think about using quadratic formula to find the inverse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's just forget about it. it's over. just pray the same mistake won't be done next sem. haiz. == white mouses are always the hapless one.

    ReplyDelete