Wednesday 28 November 2012

Problems?

You know what happens recently? I do, at least I think I do. Many things are going on, and there are too many for me to process. It's not just about me, but what becomes of my friends affect me too, somehow. First, and the most bothering one, terminations of relationships. Somehow boyfriends and girlfriends just decide that the line is fragile and should just break. I do not know whether those are puppy loves or serious relationships, but I do not wish to pry. If I were having a relationship problem, I wouldn't want my friends to pry. If I want to talk about it, I'll talk about it. 

To those who are having this problem: bear in mind - while the relationship might have just ended, it does not mean it's permanent. The damage is probably reversible, although the impact on one's emotion is most likely permanent. Relationships, although I haven't gone through any, are full of obstacles. They serve as tests to determine whether the both of you are valiant enough to weather the ferocious storm that will strike spontaneously with no mercy. You know what happens if you go weak, your legs go wobbly and soul skedaddles when you're caught in the midst of troubles? Simple - everything comes crashing down, and it marks the end of whatever you've meticulously planned to be perfect.

Just be tough. Because what happens now are only the beginning. 

Second things that have been happening: studying. I've got many friends studying A-Level, and they have yet to sit for their exam. Some have just finished few days ago, some have to wait till next year while suffering with a pile of books in front of them. Somehow, I realise some of my friends are emotionally vulnerable to injuries. Maybe they have too high an expectation, or maybe they really do have their hands busy with loads of seemingly endless homework, or maybe they have been pressurised by their parents to obtain flying colousr. God knows what, but what I do know is that many of them are not doing very well and are not holding up.

Not all of them, mind you. Students who study A-Level generally cope well with pressure. But some are exceptions and I, to protect their privacy, would not divulge any names. For those who are feeling loads at the back: try to calm down, relax, and go have fun. Homework isn't everything. Try to chill and maybe hike a mountain, spill out everything you've concealed deep down in your heart, and you'll probably find that whatever is giving you the unnecessary weight would have miraculously vanished.

Try it. I'm not sure how effective it is, but hey, it's better than nothing. Remember, humans have a maximum capacity where we can store only up to a certain limit of unwanted waste, any additional one would have pushed the envelope and resulted in usually irreversible damage.

Third of them: crave for attention. Sorry guys, some of you are downright annoying. I understand that facebook is the place where you can pour out your problems, but it doesn't mean you should abuse it. Some posts up to 20 posts within a mere 15 minutes on issues so infinitesimal I wouldn't be surprised if nobody bothers to leave a response. Then, when nobody gives a damn about them, they come out with new posts, trying to sound sarcastic to people who apparently turn a deaf ear towards whom he finds seemingly needy people. 

Then, we have people who indirectly crave for attention. They love to complain, and complain, and complain. They could grouse about virtually every issues. And the most exasperating one is that he never stops complaining, even if in that particular situation he is the person who is to blame, and he sometimes is foolishly bold enough to curse at other people who he identifies as the culprit behind whatever hot soups he falls into. 

To these people, if one day, in the future, you've been stigmatised and socially isolated, don't blame other people who do not open their doors for you, blame yourself for always pointing your fingers at other people, and for refusing to open your doors for other people to fit in. 

I think there are enough problems here. If you think you are experiencing one of the problems I have outlined above, consider what I've said. It might be useful, it might not. But how do you know if you don't give it a try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment