Wednesday 24 October 2012

MUET

The school made it compulsory for us to take MUET test at the end of the year. Speaking always comes first, because it takes time to sort everything out. After arrangement, only 9 out of 200+ students had to sit for the speaking test on 22/10, few days later than the other students. So sad.

22/10. Mine was the first group, together with TCL, TSK and TZX. Before that, 11 of us (including 2 who had left the school) had to gather at an isolation room so that any leakage could be prevented. Before the test commences, 11 of us made quite a noise in the room. That makes me wonder: could we possibly be the only group that is relaxed enough to make so much noise? Lolll.

Anyway, my group went in first. I'm Candidate D. Problem here is that I realised questions for Candidate D is always the toughest. And when I see the questions, my worst fear was realised: my question was indeed tough.


So here's the question (rephrased):
Newspapers play an important role in our lives.
You think that newspapers advertise goods and services.

That's for Candidate D.
And here are the questions for Candidate A, B and C:

Newspapers
report current events;
impart knowledge;
enhance language ability

See how tough my question is, if compared to others?

Anyway, it went quite smoothly. I tried not to circle around the same point but found it very hard not to do so. The points were scarce and weak, but seriously how could you expect me to give good points when I do not even agree with it to begin with?

Task A was fine. What's there to talk about when you simply pour all lies out?

Task B was where all the fun are. Discussion is engaging and what's great is you do not need to worry you've got no points to say. Once a person pioneers the discussion, the rest could either agree or disagree, and with addition of some either relevant or irrelevant points, the discussion could last longer than 10 minutes.

Anyway, it was quite fun. But I certainly do not wish to sit for it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment